October 26, 2012 | 7 Comments »
I’m so sorry that I haven’t been posting as much lately. I have so many ideas for Vegan MoFo, but it looks like I might have to go into ‘overtime’. I haven’t been feeling well the past 2 weeks so I just sort of took it easy. Thankfully I started feeling better last night so I got to work and came up with something I think you’ll enjoy. Now I know there are several pumpkin cinnamon roll recipes floating about, but how many of them are made with Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk? I’ve had some of this delicious milk sitting in my fridge for the past week just waiting to be used (thanks to the wonderful people at So Delicious). While hanging out on the couch watching really bad TV I kept seeing this one commercial over and over again. It was a fast food commercial that advertised their cinnamon rolls. Right away I knew what I was going to use that milk for. These delicious pumpkin cinnamon rolls.
Makes: 10 cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup So Delicious Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaping tbsp vegan butter, softened
For the topping
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp instant espresso (optional)
- 1 tbsp So Delicious Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine the pumpkin spice coconut milk, pumpkin puree, butter, and brown sugar. Heat until butter has melted and mixture is warm (not hot). Remove from heat, sprinkle yeast on top, whisk mixture together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer attached with a dough hook, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix until well combined. Once the yeast mixture is ready slowly pour into the stand mixer bowl. Mix until dough forms into a ball. Place dough into a bowl lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and allow to rise for at least an hour.
- Once dough is ready, roll out onto a lightly floured surface. I tried to roll it out into a nice rectangle shape cutting around the edges for a nice even shape. Spread the softened butter over the top of the dough. In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the butter. Start rolling the dough lengthwise into a nice long roll. Slice into 10 even pieces. Place cinnamon rolls in a round cake pan lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Allow to sit for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before adding the icing.
If you can’t find that specific milk you can use the Unsweetened Coconut Milk in its place. But I highly suggest hunting down some of that pumpkin spice milk. It’s amazing! It’s so rich and creamy! Mmm…
Sorry to cut this so short, but I’m currently working with a sick puppy on my lap. He demands the cuddles.
Before I go, I just so happen to have a coupon book and free product coupon good for any ONE So Delicious item. All you have to do is leave a comment. That’s all! No hoop jumping around these parts. You have from now until 11:59 PM CST Sunday October 28, 2012 to leave a comment. I’ll randomly pick a winner on Monday and mail out the coupons ASAP. See? Simple, right?